History of Heathridge


History of Heathridge Primary School and the suburb

 

Heathridge is located within the Mooro country.  The Mooro Boodjar people lived in the area prior to European settlement.  In the early 1900, Heathridge formed part of the Old North Road Stock Route.  Cows from Hastings and Darch Dairy Farms wandered through the area, grazing on native vegetation that grew on the sand ridges.  The name of “Heathridge” was chosen because of this fact.

 

When development commenced, the land was completely cleared of bush.  Land in Heathridge was first sold at auction in June 1976.  The average price of a block of land was $8,000.  In the early years Heathridge was remote from shops and services and major roads. 

 

Heathridge Primary School opened in 1980 with 19 staff members and has continued through the years to provide high-quality education as per our school’s motto “Fly High- See Far”. Heathridge Primary School became responsible for the central area of the suburb, bounded by Admiral Grove in the East and Poseidon Road in the West.